This post explains how you can install Redis on your Mac OS X system. The instructions will stay pretty much same for any Linux/Unix based system.
Grab the latest copy of Redis from this link. At the time of this writing the latest stable release is 2.4.14. Follow the instructions below now.
- Download Redis. I downloaded redis to my Downloads folder on Mac.
- First execute the `make test` command to make sure Redis can complete a clean install on your computer.
- If no problems were found, continue by executing `make` on your terminal
- Next, move these 2 directories into your /usr/bin directory. You’ll need to do this as the sudo user.
- Now, make a hidden redis directory in your home folder and add a config file called redis.conf into this folder. You can consult the Redis Documentation on what options/parameters you can configure using this conf file.
- Start up the redis server using: